A package is a collection of preset specifications which define what a user or domain may have access to. An example would be our shared web hosting plans (Hatchling, Baby, Business). You would need at least one (1) package to be created in order to create a new account in WHM. You may have multiple sites installed on one package as well.
Creating a New Package - Reseller/VPS/Dedicated
1 Log in to WHM by going to yourdomain.com:2087.
2 Type in Add a Package at the top left search field to get to the appropriate link.
3 Fill out the values you want for your hosting plan, including the Package Name. Below are suggested amounts for a basic Wordpress site:
o Disk Quota: 1000 - 5000
o Monthly Bandwidth: 5000 - 10000
4 Once done, click the Add button at the bottom of the page.
5 Now return to the WHM home by clicking the logo in the top left corner.
6 Type in Upgrade/Downgrade an Account to access the next portion.
7 Select your domain name and click the Modify button.
8 Select the name of your new plan and click the Upgrade/Downgrade button.
9 All done!
Package Limitations You Can Set
Packages define the limitations of cPanel accounts that you create. The limitations which you may set are as follows:
• Disk Quota (MB) - Disk space in megabytes available for the cPanel account.
• Monthly Bandwidth (MB) - Data transfer in megabytes available for the cPanel account.
• Max FTP Accounts - Allowed accounts that can be created to connect via FTP.
• Max Email Accounts - Total email addresses that can be created on the account.
• Max Email Lists - Set number of mailing lists which can be generated in the cPanel.
• Max Databases - Maximum MySQL databases the account can have.
• Max Sub Domains - The allowed number of subdomains that can be added.
• Max Parked Domains - Total parked domains which can be created.
• Max Addon Domains - Total additional domains that can be added to the cPanel.
Creating Multiple Packages
As a reseller, it is a good idea to create multiple packages of different sizes. This strategy gives potential customers more options to choose from when they sign up with you. Also, with several packages, your existing customers will have options for upgrading as their hosting needs increase.
Packages also allow you to limit options available inside of the cPanel using Feature Lists. Creating a feature list is easy, in WHM, click on the "Feature Manager," select a name for the new feature list and click "Add." The next screen will have a long list of features that you may disable by removing the check from the box next to the name of the feature.
Feature lists may only be applied via the package that is associated with the cPanel account. If you have 5 cPanel accounts that are all set up on the same package and you wish to change the feature list of only one of those cPanel accounts, then you must create a separate package for that one cPanel account and assign the new package to the desired cPanel account.
• Changed Package, but customer's new settings are not showing up
• Resource Allocation for Resellers
- Email, SSL
- 0 Users Found This Useful
WHM Support Center
You can submit a support request to the cPanel customer service team through the support center....
WHM Shopping Cart Reset
This feature will allow you to reset a client's shopping cart if it is not functioning properly....
WHM Modify an Account
The Modify an Account function in WHM can be used to update a cPanel account which you previously...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution